Following four years of developing several test, measurement, and control systems with it at 3M and elsewhere, I started Computer Solutions in 1995. Since then, I and my team of engineers developed more than 100 systems for a broad variety of applications and industries, including:
- Combining custom hardware, NI hardware, and LabVIEW to develop an automated production tester for alarm systems. The Engineering VP called me back one day to report that he was thrilled because the product had the lowest return rate of any product they had ever built, and he volunteered full credit to our test system.
- Becoming the virtual engineering department for a small medical device development company, building an instrument that an FDA expert said was more complex than a pacemaker.
- Critically evaluating a set of instrument drivers for use in controlling industrial hydraulic systems.
- Creating a printed-circuit board tester that was flexible enough to use in both R&D and production testing of this vital part of a chemical analysis device used on blood samples.
- Developing a LabVIEW-based system for analyzing weather data to forecast environmental effects that have significant financial impact on a consumer products distribution customer.
- Specifying and developing custom software for controlling and characterizing a high-end scientific instrument during its development. At the customer’s request, we then enhanced this software to be included as an integral part of the final product (including the entire user interface).
- Specifying, designing, implementing, and testing a set of device drivers, providing robust, reliable, and intuitive interfaces to sophisticated external instruments.
- Designing and developing a complex simulation system with extensive user interface requirements.
- Building a system for monitoring and controlling a room-sized calorimeter used for medical studies.
- Designing and overseeing construction of a high-throughput system for testing bar-code scanners.
- Developing an embedded system for gesture-recognition.
- Development and prototyping a complete autonomous UAV avionics system, based on the Cortext-A8 processor.
Our staff is certified by National Instruments, including the Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA), their highest certification.